PDA

View Full Version : any one know anything about this?

eric
01-01-2005, 08:21 PM
High-dose chemo with haematopoietic stem cell transplantation for metastatic breast cancer patients:

High-dose chemo with haematopoietic stem cell transplantation (http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0959804904007476)

imported_Joe
01-01-2005, 08:47 PM
Eric,
Does this help?

Regards
Joe

Abstract (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15617992&itool=iconabstr)

eric
01-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Joe,

I appreciate the reply but I was able to open the attachment. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with or knows anyone that has gone through this treatment. The early results seem promising and I thought that it might prove interesting to others as well.

Thanks,
Eric

al from canada
01-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Hy Eric,
I did a copy & paste for you.
Al

High-dose chemotherapy with haematopoietic stem cell transplantation for metastatic breast cancer patients: final results of the French multicentric randomised CMA/PEGASE 04 protocol.

Lotz JP, Cure H, Janvier M, Asselain B, Morvan F, Legros M, Audhuy B, Biron P, Guillemot M, Goubet J, Laadem A, Cailliot C, Maignan CL, Delozier T, Glaisner S, Maraninchi D, Roche H, Gisselbrecht C.

Tenon and Saint-Louis Hospitals, Assistance Publique-Hopitaux de Paris, 3 avenue Victoria, 75003 Paris; The PEGASE Group, Institut C. Regaud, 20-24 rue du Pont St. Pierre, 31052 Toulouse; Federation Nationale des Centres de Lutte Contre le Cancer, 101, rue de Tolbiac, 75013 Paris; Societe Francaise de Greffe de Moelle et de Therapie Cellulaire, Hopital Edouard Herriot, 69000 Lyon; BLUESTAT, 20, rue Duperre, 75009 Paris.

The aim of our study was to evaluate the impact on time to progression (TTP) and overall survival (OS) of high-dose chemotherapy (HD-CT) over conventional CT in metastatic breast cancer patients. Between 09/92 and 12/96, 61 patients with chemosensitive metastatic breast cancer were randomised between HD-CT using the CMA regimen (Mitoxantrone, Cyclophosphamide, Melphalan) applied as consolidation (32 patients) or maintenance CT (29 patients). At randomisation, 13 patients were in complete response, 47 in partial response and one had stable disease. The median TTPs from randomisation were 6 and 12 months in the standard and intensive groups, respectively (P<0.0056), with a relapse rate of 86.2% vs. 62.5% at 2 years, and 100% vs. 81.3% at 5 years. The median OS times were 19.3 and 44.1 months, with an OS rate of 13.8% vs. 36.8% at 5 years (P<0.0294). The CMA regimen could prolong the TTP of patients with chemosensitive metastatic breast cancer. Further studies are needed to determine if this translates into an effect on OS.

*_anne_*
01-05-2005, 11:54 AM
Hi Eric,

I know a lady who had this done in Isarel about 9 years ago. She was early stage, node postive and ER/PR - and Her2 -. She did not have mets till seven years later and to the bones which are NED for the past 1.5 years. I don't know anything about the type (drugs) she got, but seven years of relapse free survival seems pretty good to me. My mom's onc, world renowned, thinks that this is not a way to go anymore because of the toxicity killing most patients prior to disease doing so. Hope that helps.