PDA

View Full Version : Staph germ in nose

Lyn
01-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Hi everyone, on the old forum we were talking about sores in the nose not healing, I had that problem for over 12 months and thought it was just a side effect from chemo but after discussion on board went and had pathology done and I had been dealing with a staph infection and didn't know it. Not surprising since staph runs riot in hospitals and where I been spending just about every waking moment over the years, so been on cream Bactroban Ointment, tiny tube of cream initial prescription for 10 days but I needed second tube, one side ok the other just about gone, not surprised it takes so long to cure I had it for over 12 months and now going to hospital every 2 weeks. I also had a scaly skin cancer burnt off at the same time and it got infected also, so have been putting cream on that, but things work in mysterious ways because my doc now wants to cut it out alatogether she is not happy with it as it has a lump under the surface, may just be my body telling me to get rid of it. My uncle 73 passed away, February last with a rare white melenoma which although not being detected may have been there since he was a kid, so being vigelint here, it is a wonder anything survives in our bodies with all the toxins we have. Will keep you informed, being cut out on 7th when she comes back off holidays.

Love & Hugs Lyn

imported_Joe
01-02-2005, 09:20 AM
Lyn,
You continue to astound us !!!

This message board has a wonderful search engine and it took considerable time and effort to save our old forums and integrate it into the new message boards.

Warmest Regards and a Happy New Year,

Joe

Steph N
01-06-2005, 01:04 AM
Hey Lyn -
I had one of those nasty nose sores (one in each side!) that took forever to heal. First the left, and much later the right. Still not a thick healed place as it can open with violent sneezing or a slight sinus infection. I still use some triple antibiotic cream in these cases.
Has been going on for two years, till this summer when fairly well healed.
I even had my ENT cauterize the right side. Sneezing from winter allergies broke it open, but not all the way. That was in the beginning of the problem.
A real hassel as at odd times I would just have a little nose bleed from it.
Hope yours will not last this long. I also use some saline spray each day to try to keep the sinuses a little cleaner.

Lyn
01-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the tips, I have now found that since fixing this problem I am getting a drip down the back of my throat and antipiotics haven't fixed it, I know with the hercepting we get a runny nose so I end up with both, but I think that after almost 2 years of the grappy nose problems my sinuses have been damaged, some mornings one side would be completey blocked from the scabby nose, not a nice topic, but there is nothing nice about this devil. It seems that being treated for BC has all its' aftermath like all natural disasters.

Love & Hugs Lyn