PDA

View Full Version : Our friend Mary Crawford

Lisa
12-30-2004, 09:53 AM
I just found out that Mary has been moved from ICR into a hospice room where last night Mike and 2 of the dogs were able to spend the night with her. I know nothing else, but I've left a message for Mike to call me with her number. I'll let you know more as soon as I do.

Love and light,

Lisa

*_Cindi_*
12-30-2004, 10:49 AM
Thank you Lisa for passing this information on. I will pray for Mary and her family. I am at a loss for words. Everything that I have heard about Mary from this board is that she is a fighter. May God watch over her during this time.

Cindi.

wlward
12-30-2004, 01:26 PM
DEar Lisa
Thankyou for letting us know this.I have been watching the posts for news of Mary and praying for her. I miss her.
love
Linda

PattyD
12-30-2004, 02:22 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family-please keep us updated. I am sure God has his best angels watching over her. PattyD

Linda in Calif.
12-31-2004, 01:15 AM
Please keep us posted on Mary's condition and if there is anything we can do besides pray. I hesitate to call Mike with all that is going on but he and Mary are in my heart, thoughts and prayers. Thanks Again, Linda in Calif

12-31-2004, 10:38 PM
Thank you Lisa. I'll be keeping Mary and Mike in my thoughts and prayers. From all the accounts I've heard, Hospice is a wonderful help. Also, their mission isn't just to help the dying, but to provide service in a transitional period, so there's hope Mary will fight her way back to stability and carry on. I will pray for this, and send loving thoughts her way.

Love, Lolly

Sandy H.
01-01-2005, 08:57 AM
Three years ago I had a hospice volunteer as I was in treatment, very fatigued with a husband and son working and home alone all day. Being the age I am most of my friends were working or already committeed to other things or too scared to come see me. After getting the volunteer they really thought I was dying. I asked my volunteer about that and she said that can be true but patients can get better. I had her for 2 years and its been another 1 year without her. I am doing great. Hospice is wonderful in many ways but it does give people the mind set that we are dying. I don't know if this was a joke or not but my girl friend asked me one day if I knew there was a basket of flowers on my grave by my name. She wouldn't tell me for several months and I had no reason to go see my stone once it was set. I went to look and sure enough a beautiful basket of flowers. I laughted and told my friend, "maybe they think I am dead" she said very angerly " the date is not on the stone that you died" I hope you can get a chuckle from this as I did. I will continue praying for Mike and Mary. She is in good hands with Hospice and has a guardian angel watching over her. Hugs, Sandy

Lisa
01-01-2005, 10:59 AM
I spoke with Mary yesterday. She is in the San Diego hospice for now. She's having trouble getting her surgical scar to heal, and since she's bed-bound, hospice is a great place for her. She says that every night she's had at least one dog with her. Mike, too!

Her phone number at the hospice is 619-278-6280. Her room is 206. Sorry, no address.

Love and light,

Lisa

Kristen
01-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Lisa,
Thank you for the update. I think about Mary daily and how she is doing. Her and Mike are in my prayers. I like the fact that they are letting her loved ones in for the night. That has to be a very good feeling for her. Thanks again. K