PDA

View Full Version : non-poster posts

tennischik
12-29-2004, 03:58 PM
I've been lazy but thought I'd put in my two cents. Mickey's the name. Live in Portland, OR. Orig. dx july 2002. 1.9cm lump , 12/20 nodes +, her2+, mast, 6 treatments AC, taxotere. 1 year maintenance herceptin. Finished Jan. 2004. Routine CT end Nov. showed small lession on lung and 3 collar nodes. Routine MRI Brain 1 5mm lession and two shady possibles. Novalis gamma knife to 1. Piece of cake. An MRI scheduled for end of Jan. Scary!!!!! Back on chemo: Herceptin, Carbo, Taxotere. Scan due Jan.12th, Scary, too. Sent HLA typing to OHSH for possible vaccine trial when clear. Waiting for result on that. Want badly to live. 3 kids. I want to see them married and Grandchildren.
Mickey

tennischik
12-29-2004, 03:59 PM
Oops. I forgot. Radiation originally too.

Celina
12-29-2004, 05:04 PM
Hi Mickey,
Sounds like you responded well to treatment in the past, especially Herceptin..you will most likely respond well again. Stay as positive as you can. Afterall, you managed to detect the leisons while they were contained and small enough to treat. As you know, this is a disease that must be closely monitored and carefully treated, but it is a disease that you can live with...and YOU will. Good luck with your treatments. Thanks for sharing and keep us posted,
Celina

Lolly
12-30-2004, 07:11 AM
Hi Mickey! You are keeping one step ahead of the game, and that is important...keep up with the close monitoring, as Celina says, and you will be there for your kids for a long time to come...BTW, I'm in Corvallis, and have a CT scan today, if the results are acceptable I'm heading to UW in Seattle for the Vaccine/Herceptin trial. Good Luck on the HLA typing, keep me posted!

Love, Lolly

tennischik
12-30-2004, 10:05 AM
Oh!!! Lolly. I hope your CT is great. I only feel good when I am proactive. Nothing is worse that feeling like you are totally in the doctors hands. Then I get depressed. That is why this vaccine is so important to me. I will feel like I am doing something.
Mickey