PDA

View Full Version : Bextra Update

Sheila
12-29-2004, 05:37 AM
I received a phone call yesterday from the ortho Dr treating me for frozen shoulder inquiring if I was still taking Bextra he had ordered....they told me if I was to discontinue it at once, and also to avoid Aleve, Naprosyn etc. So lets see, no Bextra, no Vioxx, no Celebrex, no Aleve, no Naprosyn, ..they said to take Motrin or Ibuprophen, or I could get a prescription for something stronger if needed. Guess I'll stay on Advil for now. I never had a problem with any of these but I don't want one either!
Hugs
Sheila

Sandy H.
12-29-2004, 07:31 AM
Wow, this doesn't leave much if we don't want to take the strong prescription. Thanks for listing at least we can choose to use it or not. Hugs, Sandy

JoJO
12-29-2004, 10:59 AM
HI Sheila,

I heard about the FDA plug-out on Vioxx & Celebrex too, but I didn't know Bextra was included.

FYI: should Advil not work, you would want to check to see if you could get higher dosage of Ibuprofen. Off-counter amount is about 200mg (100mg?), by Rx from 400-800mg. When chemo was constantly giving me a fever, my onc prescribed me 600mg of Ibuprofen. It worked. Only downside is that I had to eat something with Ibuprofen, as it could upset one's stomach.

Take good care ~ JO.