PDA

View Full Version : Liver has new tumors

Janelle
12-24-2004, 08:00 AM
I got my PET/CT results and it looks like I have 4 new tumors in my liver... after all the trouble we went through to get rid of them. The liver was clean for 9 months... considering how many I had, I guess that's not so bad. With the brain mets and now this... Christmas is hard to take this year. I just don't want to face chemo for a 3rd time. I'm usually so upbeat and positive... but, hopefully after the shock wears off, I can get back to attack mode.

MERRY CHRISTMAS....
Hugs,
Janelle

Janet/FL
12-24-2004, 11:32 AM
I wish you the best, Janelle. I hate bad news at Christmas about me or anyone. I am putting all aside of a few hours and enjoying the season. Hope you can too.

Janet/FL

lolam
12-24-2004, 11:50 AM
Oh Janelle, how i hate to hear your news. I just pray that God will give you all the grace you need to work your way through this once again. Our spirits catch up after the shock and I know you can fight this again. My heart goes out to you just the same. May this Christmas still be a celebration of LIFE that you still have to LIVE> God bless you so much.... Love, Lola[attachmentid=7]

eric
12-24-2004, 07:07 PM
Janelle,

I'm so sorry that you have to fight the battle again. That STINKS.

When you're ready....drive the ugly beast away again!

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Eric

Lisa
12-24-2004, 09:40 PM
Dammit!!!

Janelle, it is SO hard to get back into that fighting mode. You can start to see why people give up. But I know you're not at that point, and neither am I. I did have to make a concious decision to fight at a point when I felt like poop.

How's the brain rads going? Getting fatigued and/or depressed yet? That's what stayed with me...until I learned about my new mets around the tummy lymph nodes.

And what's happening with Mary. I feel so badly that I didn't know she was home. And now she's back in ICU????

Merry Christmas, huh? Enjoy the kids.

Much love and healing light,

Lisa

eric
12-25-2004, 11:55 AM
I hate that you both of you, my wife and all the wonderful people on this site have to go through this!

We all need to keep pressing for a cure!

Eric

Lolly
12-26-2004, 09:30 AM
Janelle, I'm sorry. You sure didn't need this, but as you said, once the shock wears off you'll be ready to attack. I guess it just hits harder this time of year. But, you can use the timing to your advantage and soak in all the glad tidings and good wishes to help your spirit recover and get yourself psyched up for the battle ahead. We're with you every step of the way.

Love, Lolly

*_anne_*
12-26-2004, 12:44 PM
Janelle,
This too shall pass, I have talked to you a couple of times and though that you were incredibly strong and supportive to all the members. Time to return the favor. Continue to fight this you know you have the strength. Are you trying any alternative tx too. Like milk thistle was supposed to be cleansing of the liver and you must know that natural COX-2 fights HER2. God bless you and give the extra oumph to get over this also.
XOXO
Anne

al from canada
12-26-2004, 09:52 PM
Dear Janelle,
Linda and I are very distressed to hear about your recent results. Please know that we are both thinking of you and are confident that you will ovecome your recent challenge. As a regular member of our Board; you are highly respected, loved and needed by all of us to win our personal battles. As well, we all send our healing energies to you in the hopes that that you will soon regain your heath and continue to be apart of our extended family for MANY years to come.
Stay strong and love,
Al and Linda

Hope
12-28-2004, 02:37 PM
Janelle, I'm so sorry to hear about your new liver mets. I will certainly keep you in my prayers. I continually listen to the mediation tape you sent me. I also went in for a CT scan this morning to check my cancer. It is just a scary time. Take care and God bless you.

*_Alicia_*
12-28-2004, 06:20 PM
Janelle,
I know how hard it is to keep having to gather that strength to battle these mets that sneak up on us. I know what you mean janelle just when you can be so close to rock bottom you find that strength to fight some more!!!! We are right there with ya cheering you on! Lots of love and keep up the good work! Alicia

*_julie_*
01-03-2005, 09:39 AM
janelle, I'm suffering from a similar situation. I went through alot last year because of brain mets. Told I had 14 weeks to live last Feb.....hmmmm Anyway, had surgery, gamma knife and have been stable in the brain for over 6 months. I've been battling with liver mets for the last 9 months and the chemos seem to work some but not so well. They have all been treatments that I've had in the past, soooo I'd like to hear what you did in the past to treat your liver and what your plans are now. I hope you're doing well and was able to enjoy the holiday season.
take care Julie

al from canada
01-05-2005, 07:47 PM
Dear Julie,
My wife has had liver mets for 9 - 10 months now and is still taking Navelbine + herceptin. It still seems to be working.
Good luck,
Al