PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas and a Healthy New Year

Sheila
12-18-2004, 01:13 PM
[attachmentid=5]

Hoping everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with health and happiness. My little grandson wrote a letter to Santa and it brought tears to my eyes...he asked Santa to make Grandma better for Christmas. I am hopeful he will get this gift. I am fast approaching my 3 year date!
Hugs and Blessings to All
Sheila

jag
12-18-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Sheila@Dec 18 2004, 12:13 PM
[attachmentid=5]

Hoping everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with health and happiness. My little grandson wrote a letter to Santa and it brought tears to my eyes...he asked Santa to make Grandma better for Christmas. I am hopeful he will get this gift. I am fast approaching my 3 year date!
Hugs and Blessings to All
Sheila

merry christmas sheila-i know we all hope your grandson gets his wish..continued good health in the new year......

imported_Joe
12-19-2004, 08:53 AM
Christine, Joe and the HER2 Support Group board of directors join you in wishing everyone the very best of this holiday seaso

PattyD
12-19-2004, 11:15 AM
Thanks for sharing the holiday spirit Sheila. God Bless. Patty

scottthescot
12-19-2004, 04:48 PM
Hi Everyone

I am new here and thought I would introduce myself, the Christmas post seemed like a good one to start with, and when I opened it and saw the black labs well that just clinched it, I lost mine (Jack) last year he was 14 and I miss him so much,I have thought about getting another but I am main caregiver to my husband and he is very ill and I just wouldn't be able to make time for a pet. Below is a few details about my BC. Merry Christmas and a Happy Hogmanay to you all.

Breast Cancer( Ductal Adenocarcinoma Grade 2) :DX Feb.97 age 42. SX (Lumpectomy) March. 97.TX: Rads:5 days a week for 6 weeks. Chemo.6 times every 3 weeks.
Regular check ups and mammograms for 5 years. Oct 2002 Recurrence in chest wall.Chest X-ray, BoneScan and Abdomen ultrasound all OK TX:Chemo 6 times every 3 weeks, no change in tumour. CT scan chest and abdomen 10th April 2003, MRI 29th May 2003,Tumour Hormone negative, Her2 positive. Keeping Positive. Due to start Taxol trial 14th July 2003. 1st CT scan 26th Aug.2003 shows significant reduction in tumour, still no sign of anything in abdomen long may that continue.all CT scans OK.On 3 weekly herceptin indefinitely.

Caregiver to my husband (GBM brain tumour)Since May 2001

Lang May Ye're Lum Reek.

May your roof never fa' in, and the people

Lolly
12-19-2004, 06:51 PM
May we all enjoy the blessings we've been given, and may the new year be full of health and happiness!
Welcome to Scottthescott, and if I may ask, what does "Lang may Ye're Lum Reek" mean? Long may you're .......? :)

Love, Lolly

Sheila
12-19-2004, 07:17 PM
Scottthescot
I know how you feel...if you notice, the picture on my Christmas greeting contains 2 black labs...my other picture shows a graying chocolate lab...I had to have her put down last May after she was diagnosed with cancer in the lymph nodes...I had her for 11 years and it was heartbraking...all the while I am fighting the same thing, only mine is mets to the lymph nodes....I was devastated, so in a crazed moment went out and bought not 1 but 2 black labs, sisters which I named Sophie and Sadie...they are a pain in the butt alot but I love them beyond belief...they take my mind off of my illness and my loss of my chocolate.....I was exhausted after trying to get a picture of them wearing antlers!!!! The things we do to our dogs. My prayers go out for you and your husband....hoping the new year brings both of you improved health and many blessings!
Hugs
Sheila