PDA

View Full Version : Lupron question

Elizabeth
12-14-2004, 12:15 PM
Is anyone on Lupron shots with Arimidex AND Herceptin? If so, have
you remained NED being stage IV for very long? I am 10 weeks into Taxol/Carbo/Herceptin and when finished will go on the above treatment.
I after recurred 5 months on Herceptin. ER+ 65% PR+ 38% HER+++

Thanks,

Beth

sally
12-15-2004, 04:53 PM
I am on Lupron shots every three months for a year. I was diagnosed in March 2004 with stage IV breast cancer including 8 positive lymph nodes and a small spot on my liver. I received 6 cycles of Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin. I had 33 radiation treatments and I have just started Herceptin again every three weeks for a year to start with. I am also on Femara. The Dr. says I'm looking good and hopefully the meds keep working. I am also HER2/NEU+. Sally

*_Elizabeth_*
12-16-2004, 06:32 AM
Thanks for the reply Sally. I was dx 12/03 stage IV with 2 spots on my liver. Lobular cancer is sneaky so 1 1/2 yr before my dx I my mamogram
missed the tumor. 10 weeks of Taxol/Herceptin brought me NED. However, being er & pr + my spots came back after 5 months Herceptin alone. Do you know your percetage of hormone levels? Do you have any side effects with the lupron shots? I was 39 at dx and now 40. I have 2
girls age 14 and 11.

Beth

sally
12-16-2004, 04:12 PM
I don't know my percentage of hormone levels. I've only had one Lupron shot so far. I don't think I've had any bad side effects from it. My joints are sore which could be from a combination of the shot the Femara and going through menopause so rapidly. I was dx at 36 and just turned 37 in Nov. I have a 6 year old daughter and a husband of 15 years that keep me going. What are you doing to get rid of the new spots on your Liver? I get my second Herceptin treatment of Dec 27th. I had 6 previous with chemo but now I'm on it with the Femara and Lupron. I pray that it will be enough meds to keep it at bay. Stay strong and keep on smiling. Enjoy while you can and have a great Holiday. May the New Year be a Healthy and Happy one for all of us.

sally

Elizabeth
12-20-2004, 07:29 AM
Hi Sally,

I am doing Taxol/Carbo/Herceptin weekly and just had my 10th week. I
will need to do 24 weeks.I should get a scan right after the holidays to check my progress. I had 2 spots on my liver at initial dx, then after NED for 5 months, I showed several additional nodes in my lungs with the 2 liver coming back.
You have a 6 year old? That is such a fun age. My 2 girls are 14 and 11. My husband is wonderful and I am lucky to have them. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you with continued good health to us all! When do you get your next scans? When they gave you rads was it to your liver? Did you have a mastectomy? My cancer is lobular so I never felt
a lump...just a thickening.

Your friend,

Beth

12-21-2004, 05:52 PM
Hello again. I will probably get scanned in about 8 or 10 weeks. My radiation was on my breast and armpit. I had a lumpectomy and surrounding tissue removed. The meds took care of the spot on my liver. Hopefully it stays that way. Good luck with your treatment. Merry Christmas.--Sally