PDA

View Full Version : Lolly, How long were you on Navelbine?

lu ann
12-13-2004, 12:26 PM
Hi Lolly, How long were you on Navelbine? I have just finished week 3 of 7 weekly with hercepetin. My WBC were 3.1 before the 3rd tx. so they started giving me shots 2 times per week, which wiped me out. All I do is sleep. The bone mets are stable, there is no sign of disease in other organs or brain. There is some pleural effusion and the mass on my mediasynum is about the same. I feel like crap. Thanks for replies. Blessings, Lu Ann.

Lolly
12-13-2004, 09:55 PM
Hi Lu Ann,
I was on Navelbine/Herceptin weekly for 24 weeks this time...for the first recurrence in 2001 I was on for 26 or 28 weeks, can't remember now. I had a hard time keeping my counts up this time, about halfway through I started getting Arenesp for the red cells, and if my whites were too low I would only get 1/2 a dose of Navelbine and by the next week they'd be up enough for a full dose. Also felt crummy, but I got used to it...with the help of Kytril for nausea and Prilosec for the acid stomach. Hang in there, you're doing really well if things are stable and there's no progression, and you should start seeing some shrinkage. Keep me posted.

Love, Lolly

lu ann
12-14-2004, 09:13 AM
Thanks Lolly, I'm not too nauseated, but I am having heartburn. My left eye also twitches. I had a brain MRI last month so I'm not concerned. It is more of an annoyance. I'm glad to know that I will get used to the treatment. I did well on carbo and taxol after the first few weeks so this too shall pass. Thanks again. Blessings, Lu Ann.