PDA

View Full Version : The Gang of Five

imported_Joe
12-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Our group in the exhibition hall at SABCS.

http://her2support.org/gof.jpg

Left to right: Stephanie, Christine, Joe, Esther and Sandy

StephN
12-12-2004, 08:22 PM
Hi All -
I believe this was taken on Friday, and don't let those big smiles fool you - we were tired and had been working hard the previous two days to get around to all who might have an interest in knowing about this site. As well as speak to folks who stopped at our booth, no matter what language they spoke!!
The tropical fruit smoothies being freshly made at the GSK booth nearby helped keep us going ...
I will post some thoughts tomorrow after I am done with the Christmas decorating and everything I am catching up on today.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.
Stephanie in Seattle (where my bird baths are frozen over today)

Lolly
12-12-2004, 08:39 PM
Yeah!!! Big grin from Oregon at seeing our advocates giving SABCS a VERY personal touch!

Love, Lolly

pmrobinson
12-12-2004, 10:33 PM
Dear Gang of Five,

I am trying to ask a question on this web site that I found today. Obviously I am having difficulty finding the correct location to ask a question...please forgive me but I have to start somewhere.......

I am 50 years old, was diagnosed in October with breast cancer. On November 16 I had a mastectomy and the pathology report came back with the following:

the invasive cancer was .7 cc
the nodes were negative
the ER and PR were negative
HER 2 was positive

I have conflicting directions on what to do next. The oncologist wants me to have 4 sessions of chemotherapy and the surgical oncologist says not to have chemotherapy. I am so confused as I do not fully understand what Her 2 postive means and all of the informations seems to be directed towards women who have metastic breast cancer.

My pathology report on the breast cancer itself is very positive but what does a Her 2 positive marker mean if all of the cancer was removed?

Again, thank you for reading this and could you please help me in getting my question to the right place.

Regards

Patti

Janelle
12-13-2004, 03:03 AM
Patti,
This is a very inportant question and you will get lots of replies, but I suggest that you post it as a NEW TOPIC. It might get lost in this post. This site was revamped and we are all getting a handle on the new buttons and gadgets.

If you have any problems... please email joe at joe@her2support.org
I'm sure that he will be able to repost it as a new topic for you... I know that he is busy with the San Antonio trip... but mark urgent on the subject line to get his attention.

If you need any further help, please feel free to email me at jsr102@aol.com and mark HER2 help in the subject line.

Good luck.

mamacze
12-14-2004, 07:41 PM
Dear Gang of five,
You nurture our souls and provide a lift to our spirits.
Thank you for the effort you put into this valuable
web site and for your support of all us who participate.
Warmest regards from a faithful user:
Kim (from CT)