PDA

View Full Version : HER2 Vaccine that Does Not Require HLA A2 or A3

Guest-Barbara_*
12-10-2004, 06:51 PM
Have any of you heard of any trials for a HER2 vaccine that does not require the patient to be positive for HLA A2 or A3? I would like to participate in such a trial but I don't know if there is such a trial going on. I think that vaccine may be even more promising than Herceptin but I am not HLA A2 or A3 positive. I would love any information you may have.

Lolly
12-10-2004, 11:01 PM
Barbara,
University of Washington in Seattle is conducting several vaccine trials. Click on the "News" link under the Her2 Support banner above, it will take you to the clinical trial page; there are links to two UW trials, and the first link is the one which doesn't require you to be HLA+. You must be Stage III or IV.
Love, Lolly

michele u
12-10-2004, 11:16 PM
Barb,
check the vaccine trials at windber on that news site also. I've been talking to Maureen the nurse there, and they are doing dna vaccines, so maybe they don't have that requirement. I can ask her for you, i email her alot

Guest-Barbara_*
12-11-2004, 08:06 PM
I did try for the Windber Trial but you must have either the HLA A2 or A3 to qualify for the trial. I was tested and found out I had neither. I am Stage II so I do not qualify for the University of Washington trials. I think the vaccine trials in California also require that the patient be Stage III or IV.

When I contacted each site the only site taking Stage II patients currently on Herceptin was Winber in trials that were opening in January 2005. In Windber's earleir trials patients could not be on or have had Herceptin.

If you hear of any trials taking Stage II patients who have been on or currently on Herceptin I would love to hear from you.

Thanks much.

jeff
12-13-2004, 08:21 PM
Barbara,

Have you called any of the centers on this one (see below)? The entry data is not that clear, but it does include women with Stage II disease (with four or more positive nodes only though...)

http://cancer.gov/search/ViewClinicalTrial...earchid=1327826 (http://cancer.gov/search/ViewClinicalTrials.aspx?cdrid=380969&version=HealthProfessional&protocolsearchid=1327826)

Best,
Jeff

al from canada
12-16-2004, 10:00 PM
Dear Barbara,
I heard from U. of W. yesterday and they told me that a trial will be starting next March, herceptin + vaccine, where HLA-A2 or A3 is NOT an exclusion criteria. We are currently applying for the HLA one but if my wife is not HLA then we will proceed with the study next March. Why don't you give them a call to see if anything for stage 2 is in the works?
Take care,
Al