PDA

View Full Version : natural cox 2 inhibitors

michele u
12-07-2004, 10:05 PM
I know this has probably been posted before, but are there things we can take naturally for cox2 inhibitors?

jeff
12-08-2004, 09:53 AM
Turmeric and Garlic are the ones I see mentioned most often.

And NSAIDS (like Advil etc.)....

Jeff

Lyn
12-08-2004, 06:51 PM
Hi there, I did some research on this and came up with Omega 3 doing the same job, I use Flaxseed Oil Capsules, cant stand the taste of the real stuff, have been doings so for about 2 months now, I went on about it in a few other postings, and to some ladies here in a support group and they wanted to know if I had shares in the stuff, I was supposed to be offended by the comment, but I told them I was just sharing what I had discovered, hair was growing back while still on Her/Taxol/Carbo, my nails were growing and my neck gland was shrinking, it seemed to have stalled and was kick started, I can't say for sure if it is related to the Omega 3 but I can't have Celebrex or I will go back into heart failure, and my heart is now better according to the echo than it was 3 months ago and the only thing I have been doing different is the Flaxseed, I mentioned on the board for others to try it but with the change over there never seems to be many responses, so jury is still out. I take 2x1000mg twice a day and now NED and on Aromasin with Flaxseed. Hope this helps. Just do a bit of net surfing on this and it also stops craving for junk food, which I can vouch for because I read that after I had been on them a while and when I looked back I can't remeber feeling hungry for the few weeks I had been on them.

Love & Hugs Lyn

KathySC
12-09-2004, 03:15 AM
Hi Michele,
I take Zyflammed by New Chapter twice a day with meals. It says that it reduces Cox2 by 80%! There is a fanastic book... Beyond Aspirin by Newmark & Schulick that you may like. It is all about natural Cox2 Inhibitors.
Kathy

Kaye301
12-10-2004, 05:34 AM
I just read that the herb, feverfew, is also thought to be a cox2 inhibitor