PDA

View Full Version : Herceptin -blood pressure RX conflict

jmihay
12-06-2004, 01:20 PM
I am 75. I have been taking Herceptin for two and a half years - have had Stage 4 negative metastatic cancer for a little longer than that but they failed to do HER2 test till oncologist had it done. I have seen my lung tumors decrease in size until last June I got a NED result from my PET scan. I took one course of taxotere in the beginning and two infusions of Navelvine and discontinued it because of its side effects. Since then I have done fine on Herceptin alone and Aredia, first monthly, and now every 3 months. I take Herceptin every two weeks now and plan to take it as long as I live.

That's the good news. The bad news is that I have had constant diarrhea except for the times that I was temporarily off my Herceptin or temorarily off my blood pressure medicine. Since I would in no way give up Herceptin, I have tried at least 6 blood pressure meds all with same results, and am resigned to taking immodium.

Has anyody ever heard of this combination causing trouble?

Second question: How to you get to the list of members?

Lolly
12-06-2004, 02:38 PM
Hi,
Wonderful news that you're NED!
I have only had digestive problems when Herceptin is combined with chemo, so don't know about the high bp combo possibly being the cause. Maybe someone will be able to post a more helpful message, but to get to the members list go to the second menu under the pictures above and click on "members". You're on the list!

Love, Lolly