PDA

View Full Version : 2nd recurrence, Brain mets

Janelle
12-05-2004, 08:25 PM
Turning to you ladies (and guys) for help....

I'm was just diagnosed with my 2nd recurrence (2 probably, 3 brain mets), after only about 8 months NED. I meet with the Radiation Oncologist tomorrow to discuss the treatment plan and then we'll do the Simulation. I think after I know the course of treatment I'll feel better and maybe feel a little more in control... but for now, the reality has finally hit home. I'm really getting scared and was wondering what to expect and what to prepare for. Any info would be appreciated?

Hugs,
Janelle

al from canada
12-05-2004, 09:21 PM
Janelle,
I have very little information to offer but I wish you the best and remember your courage. and that you're not alone. Keep in mind that ALLOS has a clinical trial for brain mets. You can find it under "news" on this site.
Please stay intouch with your cyber-friends,
Al

JoJO
12-05-2004, 11:25 PM
Janelle,

Drats!! :-( Ned has gone, but he'll be back soon!

Please know that I am in your flight with you!! I do admire your strength & courage. (It is so very normal to feel scared at times like this.)

BTW, what is stimulation? Is that like gamma knife or cyber knife? Remember that we can do gamma or cyberknife as many possible times as we want (well, as long as our new tumors are not in previous locations.) You know that WBR is a whole another story.

Keep us posted! Sending positive vibes your way. Hugs ~ JO.

Lolly
12-06-2004, 08:30 AM
Janelle, you know you have our support and encouragement as you get through the Rads, and you will get through them. You are in good company here, let us know how it went today if you feel like posting when you get home.

Love, Lolly

al from canada
12-07-2004, 10:42 PM
Dear Janelle,
I'm very sorry to hear about your re-occurance. We know you'll fight this with the tenacity the members of this Board are famous for. Again, don't forget about the clinical trial (Allos).
Wishing you courage and success,
Al and Linda

jeff
12-08-2004, 07:00 AM
Hello Janelle,

I am so sorry that you have to face this challenge...

I wanted to mention that I just noted that there seems to be a brand new trial (at Dana Farber and other centers--go to cancer.gov for more info) trying Lapatinib for brain mets.

http://cancer.gov/search/ViewClinicalTrial...earchid=1316957 (http://cancer.gov/search/ViewClinicalTrials.aspx?cdrid=398179&version=HealthProfessional&protocolsearchid=1316957)

All the best to you,
Jeff

mamacze
12-08-2004, 03:36 PM
Dear Janelle,
I am new to this site but a sister with mets to the lungs since April 2004. You sound like a fighter so hang in there with us. Just know that we are all here for you; we have our thoughts and prayers wrapped around you. Let us know how the radiation is proceeding.
Hugs and Blessings
Mamacze (kim from CT)