PDA

View Full Version : Redness in breast area

Barb
12-05-2004, 10:29 AM
Thanks to all replys about Neulasta. I got up this morning not feeling well. Sore throat setting in. Then I noticed that the breast I had the lumpectomy & cancer in was red. I had the lumpectomy in September. It is not sore or anything but the skin is red. It wasn't like this yesterday. Has anyone else had this occur? What would be causing this? Thanks so much, Barb

Guest-Kathie in New Jersey_*
12-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Barb,

Is is just one breast or you whole chest? If you have a strep throat you can get what is called a strep rash. My girlfriend had a lumpectomy and her breast became red. , turned out to be a serona " cyst" . I do believe her breast also started hurting though. I would call your onc. just to be sure.

Good Luck,
Kathie

Cindi
12-06-2004, 08:55 AM
Barb,

The redness could be related to your sore throat, but since it has only been since September for your surgery, I would be sure to call the Onc and have him/her look at it.

It could be nothing, but skin mets are a possibility. Treatment for this local recurrence can be very effective, but as anything, if caught early, it's best.

It's tough to always have to be so diligent in this cancer battle, but it's the only way to be.

Keep up the good fight!

Cindi.

StephN
12-18-2004, 04:06 PM
This is a late reply as I was unable to use the board normally for a while.

I did have a red area on my lumpectomy breast. It turned out to be an infection in the lumpectomy site. This ended up taking care of itself just as I was about to have it lanced, it created a drainage passage of its own and expelled the yucky stuff. The onc fellow who saw me was rather impressed with my body's ability to manage that so well! We used butterfly bandaids to close up the hole and let it heal. So simple compared to all the rest!