PDA

View Full Version : JoJo's update (early Dec 2004)

JoJo
12-02-2004, 07:22 PM
Well, I saw my onc today for a follow-up appt. We noted that my nodes have increased in size. :-( Apparently, hormonal therapy hasn't been effective. Unfortunately, Herceptin alone hasn't been effective neither. I guess I am one of those ladies who need a chemo/Herceptin combo.

I will go through scan tests late next week, then meet again with my onc on Dec 14 to go over test results and to discuss new treatment plan. It appears that I will stop Faslodex and get back on chemo.

I didn't get to ask my onc if I were to continue Herceptin. (Zoladex, too)

Prayers would be much appreciated!! Thanks ~ JO.

PS: If you have any input or suggestions, you could email me at acrobaticfan@yahoo.com. Otherwise, see you on the board here.

Happy Holidays!! :-)

Kristen
12-02-2004, 07:47 PM
JoJo,

Your in my prayers. Stay Strong

k

Alicia
12-02-2004, 08:41 PM
Hey JoJo,
Just want to add a HUG for you and some strength for the fight! Hang in there! Love, Alicia

Janelle
12-02-2004, 10:14 PM
Jo Jo...
Sending you huge HUGS! I hope and pray that they find a combination of treatments to return you to stable!

Hugs,
Janelle

Lolly
12-02-2004, 11:13 PM
JoJo,
I'll be thinking of you as you go through the familiar routine of scans, and will be looking for your update. I'm sorry you have to do all this again. Hugs and lots of love, Lolly

Cindi
12-03-2004, 06:35 AM
JoJo,

I am so sorry that your news wasn't what you had hoped for this time. I will be praying for you and thinking of you as you plug your way through the scans and await their results. That is such a difficult time. My onc will be scheduling me for Pet/CT fusion after Xmas to see if I am stable or not. It's so hard to not dwell on "what might be" and just be strong and positive sometimes. But, like you, I do pretty good. We just do what we "gotta do", right? Like so many ladies on this web site.

Hang Tough!

Cindi.

lYN
12-03-2004, 06:45 AM
Hi there, my prayers are with you and I know how frustrating it is. It seems that adding Carboplatin to the Herceptin/chemo has a better result, is your node in the neck, mine always are.

Love & Hugs Lyn

Rozebud
12-03-2004, 08:31 AM
Jo - I guess I had not understand what the increasing node meant if the brain met was shrinking. I am so sorry. This just sucks. I am going to be praying for you so hard this month you are going to be able to FEEL it!

Ruth
12-03-2004, 08:06 PM
Jojo,

I wish that I had some great wisdom to give you for all of this. Sometimes moments like this take us to a place that we ourselves gain our strength and courage to move on. You have shown this and much more since I have had the joy to get to know you. I know that I haven't posted much lately but have always had you and the other many other wonderful special people that post here in my thoughts.
You will do well - your spirit is strong and you certainly have lots of love around you. We are all sending these very powerful healing messages to you. I hate it that you must go on chemotherapy again but you can do it and it can bring you to a great fellow named NED.
Take care sweetie - Love, Ruth