PDA

View Full Version : Herceptin

Jan Solomon
11-29-2004, 02:45 PM
Does anyone have any side effects from herceptin only?

Kristen
11-29-2004, 03:02 PM
Jan,
Some women, including myself seem to have runny noses after Herceptin.

The chills and achyness that they tell you about for the first couple of treatments, I still get those. When I am getting my infusion, I get cold and for a couple of days, especially with the cold weather, I am stiff.

That has been my experience. It will be interesting to see if these symptoms go away after I stop the Herceptin.

JKrak1975
11-29-2004, 05:27 PM
I too have the runny nose. It's annoying but not horrible. But not the chills etc. I'm basically the same before and after treatment. I do find I tire a little more easily so I don't plan a really ambitious day but I could if I wanted to...just easier to lay low for a while. Good excuse to sit down with a book and enjoy:-) Herceptin is amazing......it can do its good work without running you through the wringer. I have found that I have more allergy/asthma issues but am not sure if it is herceptin related or just age. Good luck!

Lolly
11-29-2004, 10:25 PM
Jan,
Yes...See my post above in answer to Susie, and best wishes!

Guest-Barbara_*
11-30-2004, 10:43 AM
Jan:

I too have had the runny nose. Initially, I had a mild headache and indigestion which lasted for ten days after the first infusion and three days thereafter. I have had the chills after some of the infusiions, usually the night of the infusion. My husband laughed as with a house temperature of 77 degrees I needed five blankets to keep warm. I do have stiff joints with Herceptin but they get better as the day goes on. All in all, I would stay on Herceptin forever if my oncologist and insurance would allow it.

Barb

Kathie in New Jersey
12-01-2004, 02:07 PM
I have been on Herceptin for four years and have very mild side effects. The only one that really bothers me is my runny nose. There are a few on the board that complain of this also. I do not take any pre-meds, took them only the first initial infusion. I didn't want to lose a day with the effects of Benedryl. I started out with weekly treatment and now I receive it every three weeks. Good Luck

Kathie

al from canada
12-01-2004, 05:57 PM
Dear Kathie,
Can you tell us a little more about yourself, ie; why have you been on herceptine for 4 years??
Thanks,
Al