PDA

View Full Version : Love and light Lisa

lindaw
11-27-2004, 03:43 PM
Just wondering how you are going.Have not read posts from you lately.

love
lindaw

Lolly
11-27-2004, 10:02 PM
Yes, I'm hoping all's so quiet on the board because of the holiday and family doing's. Thinking of you, Lisa.

Love, Lolly

imported_Joe
11-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Christine and I spoke to Lisa yesterday. She sounds wonderful over the phone. She is cheerful and gaining some weight.

Maybe Lisa will start posting again soon.

Warmest Regards
Joe

eric
11-28-2004, 06:31 PM
Just another echo to Lisa that you are missed and thought about.

Eric

Lisa
12-01-2004, 05:17 PM
Friends,
Thank you for thinking of me. It's true I haven't been very active lately on the Board. I tend to be more depressed this time round than before. And for a while, I wanted NOTHING to do with anything cancer related. Don't take it personally. I know you're there if I need you. For you newbies, since last Sept., I've had recurrences to liver, bones, brain and now lymph nodes around the stomach.

I'm doing weekly Taxol and contining Herceptin and Zometa every 3 weeks. My doc says I'm one of the women that Herceptin doesn't work on alone. Thus, the chemo.

My question for those of you with recurrences...have you continued on Herceptin every 3 weeks, or have any of you gone back to weekly?

Thank you for your continuing support.

Love and light,

Lisa

Lolly
12-01-2004, 10:28 PM
Dear Lisa,
After my second recurrence this spring, went from 3 weekly Herceptin to weekly Navelbine/Herceptin for 24 weeks, now continuing on weekly maintenance Herceptin. Onc doesn't want to rock the boat, and I agree. We're in "watchful waiting" mode.

Thinking of you with love and light,
Lolly

wlward
12-02-2004, 01:32 PM
DEar Lisa
Thanks for posting and I know what you mean by sometimes wanting to get away from the whole thing. I have experienced it before. I have just finished 6th round of xeloda after my (cqan't remember but I think it is 3rd recurrence - not it is fourth - always to scar line. Now i continue on weekly herceprint for ever - i think. We have not had 3 weekly approved in Australia yet and I would like a her2 vaccine but we have none here that doesn't exclude prior/past herceptin use.
It was great to hear from you. Take care
love
lindaw