Onc put me on Arimidex to give my bod a break
April 2002---innumerable mets to liver
Started Herceptin/taxotere every week
July 2002--70% shrinkage in liver
October 2002--bone mets--GONE
February 2003--two very tiny spots on liver
Stopped Taxotere because of side effects and things going so well
June 2002--Been on Herceptin alone and scans were stable

June 10--Celebrated my 33rd birthday laughed with my husband and children and enjoyed the good memories and am just plain happy to be alive (even when the Dr's had given me 6 months to a year)

I continue on Herceptin " with scans every three months. As someone said so well----""pass the Herceptin" " and bring on the cure""

I have continually blown my Onc away with how well I have resonded to Herceptin alone and in combination. My side effects are so minimal I lead a very active and normal life. I plan on making many more memories and hope I can be of help to others in some way.

July will mark 2 years on this journey--and everyday here is a true gift from God

Love Jen"

Brenda R
09-27-2003, 04:23 AM
I had to write because Jen is my best friend and I want everyone to know what an inspiration she is to all who know her or read her story! She truly is a fighter in every sense of the word- through all of this she has remained positive and selfless at a time when most of us wouldn't have the strength or will to even get out of bed! Jen has recently been given a major setback by the discovery of brain mets so I'm asking all who know her story to please say a prayer for her and for God above to give her the strength and courage to keep fighting- she has to beat this and if anyone can it will be her!!! I love you Jen :)