PDA

View Full Version : NED

Peggy
08-29-2004, 09:55 AM
I was diagnosed with infiltrating ductal carcinoma April 2002. I had a lumpectomy - right breast - followed by four rounds of A/C and 30 treatments of radiation. All my treaments were done by October 2002. My tumor was approx. 2.5 cm with no positive nodes (sentinel node biopsy done). Pathology was ER- PR- and Her2 positive. February of 2003 after a routine chest X-ray a tumor was found in my left lung. The recurrance was more devastating than the orginal diagnosis-it came back so fast! It took me many weeks/months to come to terms with that. I had about one-third of my left lung removed and went back on chemo; navalbine and herceptin for the next six months; till January 2004. Since January I have been on herceptin only - once every three weeks. I have now been NED since the tumor was removed from my lung May 2003. I never thought I would be in this position 18 months ago. Cancer is so very unpredictable; a true roller-coast ride. Right now I know mine is a story that can give hope - even if it's just temporary.

Peggy in Orlando