PDA

View Full Version : Eleanor , taxotere combo

Patty H
12-03-2003, 08:39 AM
What do you mean by developing a sensitivity to carboplatin? I was reading your post to my husband and he ask what it is. When you had your radiation did you have to stop your chemo while having it? I was on navelbine, which wasn't working and they stopped it to do radiation to my spine. It was scary being off chemo now for around 6 weeks. I would never believe that I would ever say something like I want to hurry and get this radiation done so I can go back on chemo. LOL I am nervous about going on this combo but when I read you were ned on it, I found that incouraging. Thanks for the info Patty H

Lyn
01-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Hi there, not familiar with your post but thought I would add that I had carboplatin with radiation as it is supposed to make the radiation have more effect. For the life of me I can't remember which arear was treated with it so it must have worked because I have moved onto to treating the remaining breast after chasing neck nodes for so long.

Love & Hugs Lyn

Lyn
01-14-2006, 08:38 PM
Hi again, I do know that Xeloda can be taken with rads but I also know the consequences of having too much, I was supposed to take 500mg per day but some how took 1000mg per which increased the burn and I ended up in hospital, I didn't tell my onc how it had happened. I have also had other chemos when having rads, and it just comes down to convenience and how you are feeling, and of course the inter reactions some drugs have.

Love & Hugs Lyn

sassy
01-14-2006, 09:27 PM
Lyn,

Can you tell me your experience with positive neck nodes? A little worried about what to look for there.

Sassy
________
ROLL BLUNTS (http://howtorollablunt.net/)