PDA

View Full Version : Wishing You All A Joyous Season

Christine & Joe
12-24-2003, 06:43 AM
To All:
I wish all of you a very Joyous Holiday season.
It's hard to believe that our web site is 2 years old today. It was a gift from my husband on December 24th 2001. And we have been growing ever since. It was ironic that when Joe and I were at the San Antonio BC Symposium, that we had our 100,000th visitor from over 60 countries world wide.

I am looking forward to the future with great optimism. As little as 5 years ago being HER2++ meant an almost automatic death sentence. Genentech representatives told us in San Antonio that Stage IV HER2 bc survivors are living longer than non-HER2. Now we are in an envious position as the HER2 Gene has been studied for over 15 years now. More is known about the HER2 gene than any other bc gene.

New treatments such as GSK's GK-572016 and 3 new vaccines under development are aimed specificaly at HER2+ BC survivors.

Look for major announcements on our web site next year as part of our new Cutting Edge Section planned for spring.

Most of all, I'd like to thank each and every one of YOU for making this site what it is today. We remain as the only non-commercial web site for women who overposses the HER2 gene.

Hugs and well wishes to all,
Christine, Joe, Debra and Danielle

JaneP
12-24-2003, 12:26 PM
Thank you for your message of Holiday Greetings and Hope!

Merry Christmas to all from me.

Jane

PaulaC
12-25-2003, 08:02 AM
Thank you for your Christmas greetings. And thank you for this site -- I have learned so much. The best to you and your family in the New Year.

Kitty
12-28-2003, 09:26 AM
Joe & Christine,

Thanks so much for this site ..... I have been fortunate enough to follow it from my initial diagnosis in 6/02 so that when I had a recurrence in 10/03 I was not terrified. I have passed this site along to other her2 survivors as well as health care professionals who work with her2 survivors or who are involved with clinical trials (such as university of washington vaccine trial). I look forward to this year it sounds like there are many promising new treatments ahead for us. Thanks again.
Kitty