PDA

View Full Version : taxol tummy

lindaw
12-23-2003, 05:11 AM
Has anyone had stomach upset from taxol. I don't know what else to put it down to - it seems to react to foods and swell up quickly. Any suggestions?

love
Linda

lindaw
12-25-2003, 05:03 AM
Hi
I posted this lower but wonder if anyone saw it. Has anyone had upset stomach on taxol/herceptin combination. My tummy seems to react to eating sometimes and swell up.Any solutions. It is a minor side affect given the effectiveness for me and having just read the effectiveness of taxanes in the top abstracts ( later cancer news) I am glad to be on this . But if anyone has some ideas I would appreciate it.
Merry christmas

love
linda
love

Linda in Calif.
12-25-2003, 06:13 AM
Hi Linda: I had Taxol/Herceptin and everything tasted like cardboard. Can't really say about upset stomach because I had very bad nausea with the A/C portion first so my Onc had me on heavy duty anti-nausea medication (I think it was called "Ansemet"...tiny pink pill... and Decadron for 5 days after treatment plus Ansemet as a back up if the nausea flared up after the 5 days.) with all the rest of my chemo treatments. Didn't have any swelling. I hope you feel better soon. Have a Happy Holiday. Take Care, Linda

JaneP
12-25-2003, 11:42 AM
I kept room temperature ginger ale near my bed or chair for sipping. It didn't matter if it lost its fizz or not. It helped!

Good luck.
Jane

Sandy
12-25-2003, 12:18 PM
I drink ginger herb tea and that seem to help me. Can add extra ginger to either ginger ale or tea. Good luck. Hugs,Sandy

Sandy
12-25-2003, 12:21 PM
Oh, yes, I remember the card board taste! That is what the food tasted like. Spicy foods helped with the taste. Hugs, Sandy

Lisa In SD
12-29-2003, 01:08 PM
Linda, I am taking Taxol weekly and am on my 5 th week, 7 to go. I have been taking Prilosec(prescription) was cheaper than OTC, since I did my Ac. I thought I didn't need it when I finished but the burning started up again w/ Taxol too! I also have terrible constipation w/ Taxol and feel swollen from that. The Prilosec seems to help. HAppy New Year! Lisa