PDA

View Full Version : lung talc procedure need hope

Cheryl N
12-27-2003, 11:56 AM
Hi eveyone and hope you all are enjoying the Holiday's. I wanted to give a little update on what is happening with me. I am sceduled for surgery first thing Monday morning. I am really trying to be a strong person through all this. However, I must admit I am terrified. The Doctor said I would probably be in intensive care for a couple days, as I will be on a breathing machine.
Please keep me and my family in your prayers. Hugs to everyone,
Cheryl

chandi
12-27-2003, 02:18 PM
Hi !
Dear Cheril N,
We pray for you and for your family. I know that you a are very courageous person and your stong will to go through all these will strengh it day by day and you will certainly recover fast to update us.
I too, are battling with liver met and am forcusing on Elanie-Uk and Elisabath-Canada for their progress in fighting this. We all are in the battle field and hope our exchange of views and experiences bring us the victory soon.
God blees You.
Hugs Chandi

JaneP
12-28-2003, 03:43 AM
My prayers are on the way.

I have routine, but always scarey, scans tomorrow so May God be with both of us - and the others here as well.

Jane

Lolly
12-28-2003, 06:04 PM
Cheryl,
My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family, hope for a speedy recovery for you.
hugs,
Lolly

Linda in MI.
12-29-2003, 10:34 AM
Cheryl,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I know you will do great and have a speedy recovery. IT WILL WORK!!! We are right here with you every step of the way. Please let us know how you are doing as soon as you are up to it.

2004--a new beginning for all of us.

Blessings and Hugs,

Linda in MI.

pattie
12-29-2003, 01:39 PM
Hi, I was just lookingthrough these messages and saw yours. If you are looking for some hope that the talcing procedure will work, you have me. I was diagnosed with Stage IV recurrent bc that spread to the pleural lining of my left lung in April 1999. This April it will be 5 years since my diagnosis. I know how desperate you must feel right now, but it worked for me. I have had no fluid recur in my lung since the talcing. I am also on Herceptin and Femara. The doctor gave me a death sentence 5 years ago, and here I am. The procedure is not fun, but they give you plenty of pain meds. So much of it I don't even remember because I was so out of it. My friends even joke around now about it and play me in the hospital bed zonking out on them during charades. It is even funny to me now. Best of luck to you - I know you will pull through this and be happy it was done. Having all that fluid in my pleural lining was far worse than the talcing procedure. My prayers are with you. If you would like to e-mail me to ask any questions, my e-mail is PMig317@aol.com

eleanor
12-30-2003, 12:37 AM
Hi Cheryl,
i also had the procedure done on both lungs, I was in the hospital for 3 weeks. It's grueling, but the fluid around my lungs was worse. It's been almost a year and the fluid did not return.
Our prayers are with you and your family and once your home and feeling better, please let us know how you are doing
el

Sandy
12-30-2003, 09:33 AM
How is this procedure done? It sounds terrible. Thank God for pain meds. Hugs, Sandy

eleanor
12-31-2003, 06:53 AM
Sandy,
basically they inject talc into the plueral space between the pleural lining and the lung. it causes the area to burn and thus the lining sticks to the lung because of scar tissue. then they insert drains and you wait for the fluid to drain and then once that's done they send you home. it sounds barbaric, but it works
el