PDA

View Full Version : Bone mets treatment

Anonymous
01-01-2004, 03:38 PM
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone newly diagnosed with bone mets who is er+, her 2 +++ is being treated with herceptin alone?

Kathie in NJ
01-02-2004, 04:29 AM
I was put on Navelibine/Herceptin for bone mets. It worked

Kathy from Ohio
01-02-2004, 08:25 AM
I have been on Herceptin and Arimidex for bone and lung mets for the past year with good results

NancyC
01-02-2004, 09:22 AM
From this past August, 3.5 months of treatment with herceptin and taxol brought a marked reduction in mets I had in my spine and pelvis. Recently my doctor commented that they don't know enough about herceptin to use it by itself. I plan to get more clarification from him next visit....

Jackie
01-02-2004, 01:15 PM
I am her2+3, er+, bone mets to spine & ribs dx 12/02, while on Femara. My onc put me on Faslodex & Zomeda, pain decreased immediately (thanks to Zomeda). Faslodex and 2 other hormonal drugs tried were ineffective and my onc wanted me to go on herceptin + chemo. I wanted to try just herceptin, but she was adament that herceptin + chemo worked better than either alone. Began herceptin + navelbine 7/03 (& Zomeda)with very good results. Still have my hair (a biggy for me!) and am tolerating side effects well. I understand that if and when you become NED, you drop the chemo drug and continue with herceptin. Good luck to you!

Debby
01-02-2004, 04:30 PM
I started Herceptin weekly (with monthly Zometa) and it worked for about 3 months then markers rose slightly so we added Navelbine.