PDA

View Full Version : bone pain ?

Elena in OH
01-01-2004, 11:28 AM
Could anyone tell me about bone pain vs muscle pain? All my labs are normal. I am 3 years out from DX of Stage 2B, er/pr + and Her 2 +. I did AC and Taxotere and radiation.
My doc acts like the pain is arthritis and taxotere related. I am only 48 so I wonder.
Thanks.

Jackie
01-02-2004, 01:22 PM
I have mets to bones and experienced what I thought was muscle pain for about 3 mos prior to dx. It was pretty severe and continued for too long to be only muscle related (I now realize). I also have arthritis pain in my hips that I've had for 7-8 yrs. It comes and goes, and I'm going back on glucosamine for that. Moderate exercise also helps, as does diet. As I understand it, over the counter pain relievers ultimately fail to control pain resulting from bone mets. Hope this helps a little!

Sandy
01-03-2004, 03:13 AM
I have FMS and arthritis. I use a combo of low fat cottage cheese and flaxseed oil (Barleans) need to use according to weight. (1 Tbsp to 100 lbs) I mix 2 Tbsp cottage cheese and 1 1/2 Tbsp flaxseed oil ( I weight 150 lbs ) 3x'x a day. I have no bone or muscle pain. Have friends using it. The flaxseed oil is for the pain but the cottage cheese combo is being used for cancer treatment. It was or still is in clincials trials. I hope this helps. Hugs Sandy

SueF2
01-03-2004, 06:31 AM
Hi - I developed what I thought was muscle pain the first week of December. Didn't get better. Docs ran a CA27-29 test the day after Christmas which showed bone and liver activity (had chemo/surgery/rads this past year). Bone scan in mid-October was clear, so I didn't think much about the pain being cancer-related.

Now told it's probably bone pain I'm feeling. Because of spread, starting Navelbine, Herceptin, Zometa next week. At least there is a plan in place.

It's so hard to figure out what's what, isn't it?

Sue

eleanor
01-05-2004, 12:51 AM
Hi Elena,
are you under treatment now? if so, what drugs.
bone pain and muscle pain feel different, but it's hard to explain. are you thinking that you may have bone mets? if so, the pain if fairly sharp, doesn't go away, and is very sensitive to the touch. it doesn't feel too much differently from arthritis or chemo related joint pain, unfortunately. the only thing I can tell you is that it doesn't "come and go" if it's bone mets.
el