PDA

View Full Version : working

Anonymous
01-06-2004, 01:40 AM
Does anybody have mets to anywhere and currently on chemo and still working?

Kitty
01-06-2004, 02:13 AM
I have liver mets and have been on weekly chemo of Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin since 11/7/03 and am working full time feeling just fine. The weekly regimen seems less taxing than the original 8 treatments of AC and Taxol every 3 weeks (but I worked full time then as well). Just depends on how you feel and what you want to do. I just look at my weekly treatment as part of my routine and go to work afterwards.
Kitty

JaneP
01-06-2004, 04:41 AM
I am! I need to work, both for the money and to keep me sane! I put in about 50 hours per week on a flexible schedule. I take chemo weekly and have skin mets at the present time.

Jane

Jackie
01-06-2004, 10:39 AM
Yes! The only time I took off from work was for my mastectomy. I pretty good thru initial rounds of chemo, and feel fine now after recurrence while on herceptin/navelbine weekly. I go 1st thing in the AM and then go on to work. Hope you feel up to it!
Jackie

Debby
01-09-2004, 06:45 AM
I have worked full time from original dx until just 1 month ago. I would still be full time but my company has gotten slow so I have been cut back to 24 hours a week. They still pay my health insurance though. Getting a new job with a medical condition like breast cancer mets would not be easy so hopefully we will pick up and I can get back to full time.

Hope
01-09-2004, 08:22 AM
I have mets to lungs and bone and work part time as Special Ed. Teacher. I am currently on Navelbine/Herceptin. My job keeps me sane and in control of something. However, I don't know how long I can continue. I have good days and bad days.