PDA

View Full Version : Graviola

Ann in Boston
01-14-2004, 05:45 AM
Well, I checked this out on the Memorial Sloan-Kettering web site for herbs and natural products and one side effect that the web sites who are trying to sell the product leave out is that in lab tests, graviola has been shown to cause potentially dangerous neurological side effect similar to Parkinson disease. Apparently graviola can damage the nerve cells which causes the neurogolical damage. This herbal supplement is not recommended for use.

Charlie, Sandra\'s husband.
01-14-2004, 07:22 AM
Well we can now write off Graviola because it has a side effect, and because one reference points out a side effect?

If you have a PDR, i suggest you check out the side effects of almost every drug in use today! If we discard drugs or herbs because of side effects, what are we left with Ann?

Just suppose by some chance Graviola ALSO kills cancer cells as some of the articles by medical agencies suggested, will you STILL fight against it's use?

As I said earlier, I don't know if it works. But if it does the chances of a few side effects are nothing new in the medical world. I perceive a BIAS Ann, not an open mind at all...

Ann in Boston
01-14-2004, 10:14 AM
How is this for a bias. I have cancer - you don't. One small side effect? Maybe this is a major side effect and the reason that it is NOT being either tested further or in use by any reputable authority. I don't subscibe to your cancer conspiracy theory and that big business is hiding the real cure from us. If my doctor had told me that I got cancer because my immune system was not up to par, I would have fired his ass. Since I have taken supplements all my life maybe I got cancer because of my bias and maybe you think that I should own up to that mistake!