PDA

View Full Version : anacronyms

vicki
01-14-2004, 09:16 PM
I've worked out that NED means "in remission", but what does it stand for?, and SOP... I have no idea. Not only do we have different treatment regimes in OZ, but it seems we also have different anacronyms. Does anyone have the energy to post a list of anacronyms and their meanings?

Lyn
01-14-2004, 09:32 PM
Hi, where in OZ are you? I am in Queensland. NED is No Evidence of Disease, SOP I will have to wait also and look for the response. My Onc uses the word, which I hate, Palliative Treatment because whenever I go into remission he puts that on my chemo chart, so I took my sheet out and put NED and of course no one knew what it meant but I soon let them know, they told me it was an official hospital document so I said fine and I signed my name in red to take responsibility and it is still there, problem is now eventhough my bloods and CT say I am NED I have just had a ultra sound and the biopsy come back positive for a lymph in my neck, but after my radiation I am determined to be NED again.

Hugs Lyn

vicki
01-14-2004, 10:39 PM
Of course... self evident... thank you.
I'm from Toowoomba, very nearby.
All the best with your radio... I'll be hoping you're NED too.

Lyn
01-14-2004, 10:55 PM
Hi there, I am in Caboolture, see if it is a small world my son's lady comes for Toowoomba, last name Willmot, a very large family. And by the way what are you doing up this late? I usually come to life after about 10pm but pay for it in the morning. I will be training it to the Wesley, and I am not good at being on time. Talk to you soon.

Luv & Hugs Lyn

kelly
01-14-2004, 11:07 PM
just curious .. where is OZ?

Lyn
01-14-2004, 11:24 PM
Hi Kelly, Australia, but jokingly I tell people I am off to see the Wizard of Oz, I need a new breast, a shoulder reconstruction and trying to avoid heart valve replacement, if I don't laugh about this rotten disease I would be taking hand fuls of anti-depressants instead of just one, it helps me sleep through the discomfort and avoid morbid thoughts.

Luv & Hugs Lyn

vicki
01-15-2004, 07:49 AM
The best laugh I've had in a while.....
Aren't we all so guilty of it!
OZ Outandingly Zany (can't think of anything else), aka (also known as)Australia.
I think I'm getting addicted to this site, and I only met you all 4 days ago.

Sandra
01-15-2004, 10:08 AM
I have been to Coolangatta...tweed heads
yall know where that is?

Sherry in WV
01-16-2004, 12:54 AM
Good for you! Putting on the chart what you really felt is great.

Lyn
01-16-2004, 12:58 PM
YEP, the Gold Coast, in the Land of OZ (Aussie)catch you later or see you later causes confusion, you never know if they are coming back the same day or next month.

Luv & Hugs Lyn