PDA

View Full Version : Taken off Herceptin/Can I ever have it again?

shannon
01-08-2004, 07:30 AM
I was taken off a clinical trial last month because my EF (muga) was low 2 times in a row. I may be jumping the gun here, but I was wondering if I ever had a recurrence, would I be able to go back on Herceptin. I took it for 5 months and had some low mugas, but also had some above normal mugas. But, they were seeing some damage of my heart. So, I wondered if they will ever be able give it to me again.

I was wondering if anyone out there was ever in this situation.

Just a thought...

xoxo,
Shannon

Joe
01-08-2004, 08:15 AM
Shannon,
I have seen a lot of discussion on this board about COQ10. You may want to look in to it as it is purported to build up your heart muscles.

Joe

Lyn
01-11-2004, 10:16 PM
Hi there, it is possible to have it again and in some situations it has worked better the second time around. Your heart should go back to normal after having a rest from Herceptin.

Hugs Lyn

jojo
01-12-2004, 01:26 AM
Shannon,

I was put off on herceptin at one time, where I'd failed an echo, and my legs were slightly swollen. I'd just gotten home from a trip to San Diego, where I did LOTS of walking. Then they gave me another echo, I forgot when, maybe a month later? Anyway, I passed this echo, and have been put on herceptin since then.

Very important to keep on your toes in your treatment case, as sometimes doctors are really busy with too many patient cases.

Good luck! Hugs

Shannon
01-18-2004, 01:06 PM
Thank guys.

I was and am still taking COQ10. It didn't seem to help me much during Herceptin. I hope the 5 months I was able to take it worked for me forever!

xoxo,
Shannon