PDA

View Full Version : stage iv

Anonymous
01-15-2004, 11:54 PM
how unusual would it be for a stage IV to go into remission? do you know anyone that it has happened to?

Dolores
01-16-2004, 12:58 AM
Yes, Barbara Bradfield and Ginger Empsey. Their messages are on this site. Please read them.

Phylicia
01-16-2004, 08:35 AM
I have been stage IV since 4/98 and cancer free since 10/98, thanks to Herceptin.

Lolly
01-16-2004, 09:04 AM
Stage IV since January '01 and NED since August '01, still on Herceptin.
Lolly

Lyn
01-16-2004, 12:43 PM
I have been stage IV since 1998, been in and out of remission a few times, but the little sucker keeps coming back, and I keep on doing battle, I am surprised we don't have a computer game for this, every time I get up and ahead I get knocked back down, so maybe by the time I am 90 I might let it win, I did say might. Just like the pink energiser battery bunny, we get another recharge.

Luv & Hugs Lyn

Sandy
01-16-2004, 11:26 PM
A lady I met in church was Dx. at stage IV while nursing her second child. It was thought to be an infected milk duct, it didn't clear up with antibiotic and so went for biopsy and ended up with double mastectomy ( one being a radical and the other simple as a precaution )age 24 years old. Was given a very poor prognosis. She reached 20 years last year and got a "cure report" from the doctor. He told her he never expected to tell her this. He has followed her very closely for 20 years just knowing it would come back full blown. Has had NO RECURRANCE!! She went through a horrible time of chemo and radiation as that was 20 years ago and it was harsh. Does have some side effects from it all but over all she is still here and teaches full time in a christian school. Hope this is helpful. I don't think this is common but I really don't know. I keep thinking of her when I get down. Just had to share this with you all. We never know what God's plan is for each of us. Hugs, Sandy

donna
01-18-2004, 08:37 AM
Just had my first Herceptin 90 minute dosage last Wednesday...Felt great until 6PM, had it at noon. Then freezing, 102 temp. took Benedryl, Tylenol, next morning by 11 AM I was cleaning the house, baking, ironing, went to work that night until 7:00 AM next morning. Felt GREAT!
This Wed, Herc/Paxol/Carbo....what should I expect! Only took off 2 days for this. Please help me out.

jessica
01-20-2004, 06:30 AM
Stage IV at primary dx 5/02, NED since 9/11/03.
(I prefer to use NED-No Evidence of Disease- b/c "remission" implies NED over a long period of time.I could care less if my docs ever use the term "remission" so long as I'm NED!
Every day there are new drugs coming down the pipeline that will turn this disease into a chronic disease, not a fatal one.