PDA

View Full Version : FAITH

Anonymous
01-21-2004, 01:40 AM
what is considered a normal 'round 'of chemo? mom has had i think 3 treatments of navelbine/gemzar. seems like the mass n her groin is gettng smaller, however we dont know about the others (liver). onc has her on 3 on and 1 week off.

Staci
01-21-2004, 01:45 AM
Was RFA ever considered for her liver? I did it in Sept. with great results....Priase God. It's such a new procedure that a lot of oncologists are not aware of it. My radiologist referred me. Since then, my oncologist has recommeded the procedure to several of his patients.

Lisa
01-21-2004, 05:09 AM
Dear no name,
With mets, protocols are not the same than without. I have liver and bone mets. My onc at first would give me no timeline for Navelbine/Herceptin. After 3 months of weekly treatments, a CT scan showed my liver mets decreasing by 50% and my blood tumor markers look great. I suspect we will continue Navelbine as long as it's working. If we reach a point of no liver mets, then I may switch to Herceptin only (indefinitely). But ask your mom's onc. Ask how you will know whether it's working or not (CT scan should tell you about the liver) and what to expect with treatments. Get the answers you need.

Love and light,

LIsa

Hope
01-22-2004, 07:22 AM
What is RFA?

Staci
01-23-2004, 04:06 AM
Radio Frequency Ablation. Requires and overnight stay and a bandaid! Radiologist uses a probe that opens and surround the lesion and burns out the tumor and margins. It works best on tumors that are smaller than 3 cm and if there are not more that 3 or 4 lesions. The liver will regenerate itself and you can burn quite a bit of it and still have normal function. RFA was the best thing I ever did. I followed up with chemo. Let me know if you need additional info. or the name of my doctor. Best of luck to you and God bless. sgurleski@westosoisd.esc2.net