PDA

View Full Version : Not much help

lolam
01-24-2004, 11:03 AM
You girls are so educated and helpful with your answers, so technical. I can barely remember what kind of tumor I started out with, insitu or some weird vocab I never use. I do know her2neu now and i can spell mastechtomy, mastectomy, o shoot, I think I forgot how again!!! Why don't they say breastectomy?? I guess I had a recurrance not a reoccurance right? And then we have all those alphabet short cuts to remember. Like I said, I am so glad that so many of you have all this stuff down and you are such a big help. I know I can run off your response and take it to my onc. and that is such a relief!!

Before BC i Always wore a bra. Now I don't unless I have to go out... I guess I have been liberated, eh? My little Lydia, 2, came out of my room the other day carrying my prosthesis. (I spelled that right didn't I?) She asked, "Grandma is this your nursey?!" Obviously Grandma DID have a nursey. It fell off. She keeps it in a box. And that all makes perfect sense to her!!!!

Well,I really hope one of these days I can be of some professional help, but in the mean time, Hang in there whether you are NED or Her2neu 3+++ or PR- or have Mets or use herceptin,A/C,taxol, taxotere, decadron, carbo, or going in for an MRI, CT, MUGA, Rads, infusions, getting ports or whatever you might be up to, I will be praying for you... Hugs, Lola

Sandy
01-24-2004, 11:23 AM
That was wonderful. It made me laugh so hard. I kept thinking that is me with chemo brain. I use to be really good at typing, spelling etc. but now its backwards, upside down, even looks sideways sometimes. My vision is blurry but it gets that way when I am on chemo. Keep up your sense of humor. We all need it. Hugs, Sandy

smith
01-24-2004, 11:36 AM
Oh Lola! I loved that. Thanks so much for sharing that. It brought a HUGE smile to my face.

Lolly
01-24-2004, 03:56 PM
Lola,
That's so sweet, about your "nursey"! I love reading your posts, thanks for making me smile...
Hugs,
Lolly