PDA

View Full Version : Brain MRI Suspicious

Annamarie16
01-23-2004, 10:16 AM
I had a brain MRI done Thursday morning. At 6:30 Friday night, my oncology nurse called to tell me there was something "suspicious" on my MRI. I spent the next hour and a half feeling numb. My oncologist is in FL so she called him and he has me on a very mild steroid called Dexamethasone until he comes back Monday and talks to the radiologist. I don't know why I am even taking this pill. Each pill is 4mg and I am to take a half a pill three times a day. I know nothing about brain mets and it really isn't something I want to learn about. My bone mets are so extensive, plus I have a small mass on my spine and lymph nodes involved so I knew it was just a matter of time before the cancer went someplace, but guess no one is prepared for more bad news.

Anonymous
01-23-2004, 11:12 AM
I sent you an email about your post.

Priscilla - OK
01-23-2004, 11:30 AM
Dear Annamarie - So sorry to hear you news. I think I understand how you feel - we just have to take each day it seems, an hour at a time. God Bless you.

Luv, PJ

Hope
01-24-2004, 07:55 AM
I think I know how you feel. You're right, we never are prepared enough to receive bad news. But keep the faith and I will certainly keep you in my prayers.

Lolly
01-24-2004, 03:48 PM
Annamarie,
I'm sorry you're having to go through this. you can take some hope in the fact that Christine, Patty and others are living proof that you can get through this, but still, hard to face, I wish I had more words but don't; I'll be praying for you.
Hugs,
Lolly

lolam
01-24-2004, 04:11 PM
I am so sorry to hear that you may have brain mets to on top of all the other places. There have been some really good results from the treatments for brain mets that seem encouraging. You will be in my prayers that you will have the courage you need to continue the fight. I will pray that you will have peace that passes understanding. May God be very near to you in this waiting room. Those are the hardest times to be sure. Considering how far you have already come, I know you will get through this too. You can count on our support. Hugs, Lola

PattyD
01-25-2004, 02:12 AM
Annemarie- I am so sorry about your latest news.
I was dx with 6 small amets to brain in Aug of last year-went through WBR-not too bad-am on Decadron same as waht you are)which is a steroid to help keep swelling down-and headaches etc minimal- have not had much trouble with it-makes me hungry-there are good treatments out there so hang on- you will get though it- we are all prayeing ! Email me if you like. God Bless. Patty D

Kitty
01-25-2004, 07:03 AM
I agree with Lolly....I hope the others who went through this give you hope. It is never easy to face the cancer again, no matter where it is. I will be praying for you.
Kitty

Annamarie16
01-25-2004, 11:05 PM
Patty, how do I find your email address?