PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 cm brain tumor

Annamarie16
01-26-2004, 04:50 AM
I received the dreaded call today that I have a 1.5 cm tumor in my left temple. I am awaiting a call now from the radiologist. My oncologist is talking about a Gamma Knife procedure. I am so depressed and frightened. Please pray for me.

PaulaC
01-26-2004, 05:08 AM
You are certainly in my prayers -- I'm sure mine will be among thousands of others. And I'm sure you'll get a lot of support and encouragement on this board.

Staci
01-26-2004, 05:36 AM
Take this one day at a time and remember that many are praying for you right at this moment. God WILL take care of you.

Jackie
01-26-2004, 05:44 AM
I am so sorry to hear your news. I do not have mets to brain but have been reading some recent posts from Patty Z about it. There is a new alternative called CyberKnife discussed in an article on this site under Latest Cancer News that was titled "Hi-Tech Tool Offers Breakthrough Cancer Treatment". I wish you the best of luck with your treatment!
Jackie

Patty D
01-26-2004, 06:08 AM
I am so sorry about your dx-my prayers are there for you! You can email me at kitkatz003@yahoo.com
I think if you click on my name )where it says "posted by" that will also bring up my e mail address. Give it a try. God Bless. Patty D

pam
01-26-2004, 06:57 AM
AnnaMarie -- You are in my prayers. I read so many posts on this sight of successful treatment for brain mets.

Kitty
01-26-2004, 07:10 AM
AnnaMarie,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. The gamma knife has worked quite successfully for others.
Kitty

Lisa
01-26-2004, 07:21 AM
Dear Annamarie,
I am so sorry about the discovery. I would be feeling exactly as you are. But thankfully we live in a time when it can be treated. Chrisine, this web site's owner/creator, is living proof!
Just go get this one, Annamarie. We will all be praying and thinking of you.

Love and light,

Lisa

Lolly
01-26-2004, 08:51 AM
Annamarie,
I hope you can feel us all praying and pulling for you. I've read such encouraging things about the Cyberknife procedure, and will hope and pray you can receive it, please don't despair, you'll get through this.
Hugs,
Lolly

Paula P.
01-26-2004, 09:12 AM
Hi, Annamarie!
You have the strength and courage to fight this diagnosis -- just like you did when you found out that you had breast cancer. God's on call 24/7 and He is sure hearing from us right now. You will be in my prayers (as so many others have also said), and when it seems so overwhelming, just take it one day at a time. Look up to heaven and ask for His amazing grace -- God bless always. Love and blessings . . . Paula P.

Linda in MI.
01-26-2004, 10:50 AM
Annmarie,

Sorry to hear your news. THank goodness it's small and you can be treated with gammaknife. Look how great Christine is doing after 4 years. When you first hear bad news it's devastating but then you start fighting, right? We are all hear with you in thought and prayer. Everything is going to be fine, keep the faith.

Blessings and Hugs,

Linda in MI.