PDA

View Full Version : Yoga Fitness for BC Survivors

lauren
09-25-2004, 05:17 AM
OK, so I graduated!!! Got an A+ on my final exam class (had to give an hour and forty minute class to 10 people!!!)!!!

Now, it's time to start the process of giving back. So....if you are in the NYC area, and would be interested in a 60 minute yoga class that is geared toward those who have or have had breast cancer who are looking to build strength, flexibility and general fitness through yoga, please let me know. I would like to lead a class for you! Ideally, I would like to lead an 8 week program for you, meeting once per week, but if you can only meet once, I think it will benefit you!!

Just so you know, what I plan to focus on is releasing the tightness in the chest and shoulders that comes with mastectomy, lymph node dissection and general postural issues that arise after a breast cancer diagnosis (we often begin to schlump a bit after a breast cancer diagnosis, even if we have not had our muscles monkeyed with via surgery, mainly as a protective measure - protecting our breasts and our hearts, both physically and emotionally). I also would like to generate some purifying sweat because we have all been through chemo and the toxicity is palpable. Believe me - if I am practicing regularly, my sweat is sweet like spring water, but if I skip a few days and come back to it, my sweat STINKS and tastes like seawater. Also, I truly believe the fountain of youth lies in the flexibility of the spine. So, I would also work with you on tapping into the mobility of the spine. My style of yoga is to combine flowing movement with equally flowing music and my own rather mellifluous voice to bring my students into a state of moving meditation. And through this, you will gain a sense of mastery over your body and your breath and with there your self-esteem and body image will skyrocket.

Please take me up on my offer you Tri-State Area girls!!! My first class will be a FREE DEMO!!!! So...let me know!! Email me if you are interested.

lauren

Lauren
09-26-2004, 07:25 PM
I would loveeeeee to take one of your classes, unfortunately I live in Kansas. I do visit alot back east so maybe sometime I could catch one of them. I think what you are doing is awesome so the best of luck to you!!

Carlye
09-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Sorry forgot to change the name on my post!

jean
09-26-2004, 11:49 PM
I live in NJ. Please give me your email address I would love to have the class. Jean

lauren
09-27-2004, 05:57 AM
check the link on email addy.