PDA

View Full Version : Hello, again

Lisa
09-29-2004, 02:17 AM
Hi, there friends! This is the first time I've even READ this board in weeks. I guess the WBR did a number on me. I've been sleeping a lot, haven't felt good overall (mainly tummy) and retreated into myself, not wanting to talk, think, see, or hear anything about cancer. Well, at least for today, I'm back.

Yesterday I took my 3 month CT scan of organs. I am thrilled to report, nothing has changed. The 3 tiny liver spots are still the same (maybe scar tissue) and no other changes EXCEPT...and there's always an except...the lymph nodes near my liver are slightly enlarged. The doc's not concerned and I'm not really either. I've had stomach upset for 2 or 3 weeks, so I hope the nodes are simply doing there job.

I haven't had anything to "give" the rest of you, but I know I've been in the thoughts and prayers of some of you. Thank you for the support.

Love and light,

Lisa

Colleen
09-29-2004, 02:21 AM
Lisa,
Welcome back. Good news about your tumors. My Mom has been finished for a week with WBR and I think I'm beginning to see a slight difference in her(very slight) for the better. I hope and pray you continue to get well. If you feel up to it keep us posted on your progress.God Bless.

janelle
09-29-2004, 03:24 AM
Lisa,
It's really good to hear from you! I'm so happy to hear that you're felling a little like your old self. I hope that you get the tummy problems worked out and that you continue to feel better. We miss you dearly and are glad you posted, but take it easy. Either you or Mel keep us posted on your progress, but remember that you are never far from our thoughts and prayers.

Glad to call you my friend! Sending a little love and light back at 'ya!

Hugs,
Janelle

Lolly
09-29-2004, 06:23 AM
Lisa, Love and Light!
How wonderful to see your post and to know you're on the road to recovery. You just take as much time as you need for yourself, you have done so much for all here and now it's time for us to cheer you on as you heal. Sending love and healing light your way.

Love,
Lolly

al from Canada
09-29-2004, 06:25 AM
Wow! Ever great to hear from you again. The board's felt empty without you. We are glad to hear that things are working out for you (which we knew they would). Keep that edge going and take care of yourself.
Al and Linda

Hope
09-29-2004, 06:48 AM
Sending lots of prayers your way. You are a great inspiration to a lot of us with your positiveness(is that a word). God bless you!

lisa
09-29-2004, 08:40 AM
Welcome back, Lisa.
Sounds like you're on your way back to good health. I can imagine how you've been feeling, and I think that it is so very common to feel completely depleted from WBR. My sis, too, was "out of it" for weeks. You will bounce back...it just takes time, but it sounds like you've crossed a corner. Keep healing!

Rozebud
09-29-2004, 09:04 AM
Welcome back Lisa. Glad you're feeling better. i think about you daily.

eric
09-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Hey Lisa, welcome back...missed you!

Eric

judiek
09-29-2004, 12:01 PM
Lisa,

I was just thinking about you and was going to post a message to you. I'm so glad you were feeling better today...may it continue. Warm thoughts and prayers to you Lisa...stay strong!!

Warmly,

Judiek

Ruth
09-30-2004, 05:40 AM
It was so good to see your post. I had been thinking about you a lot and hoping you were doing well.

Take care and take it easy. We look forward to when your strength returns. Sometimes I like to escape "cancer" too and it is such a healthy thing to do. Your soul sometimes needs that little time being away and living without it.

So glad your feeling better, Ruth

Linda in Calif.
09-30-2004, 11:19 AM
Hi Lisa: I'm SO glad you are feeling well enough to post again (at least occasionally). Just take the time you need to re-group and know we will all be here to welcome you anytime with open arms and open hearts. Take Care, Linda

Jean
09-30-2004, 11:25 AM
Hi, Lisa: Glad to see you on board again. I am having WBR right now, 13/20 already. Having headache now, but otherwise fine. Is there more side effect to expect later? When the hair will be totally off? after the treatment you still feel bad? Anything to prevent the side effect? Sorry to ask too much. But I am very happy to see you back. I will pray for you!

Jean

dee
09-30-2004, 01:23 PM
Lisa, you have been in the thoughts and prayers of ALL of us. You do your thing, let God do HIS/HER thing, and we'll continue to do OUR thing - root for you!!! Hang in there, and continue to inspire us ALL. Love is going out to you!

Steph N
09-30-2004, 03:16 PM
Hey lady!
GREAT news about the CT scan results. Looks like the Navelbine and Herceptin have done their jobs on clearing your liver and bones. And the WBR side effects too shall pass - just need a little time. Like they say - things are darkest before the dawn. And dawn seems to be here for you.
Lots of Love coming your way.

Mary - Tierrasanta in San Diego
09-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Welcome back Lisa! So glad to see that you felt well enough to post. The decadron always eats up my stomach so I have a prescription for prevacid. Will need to take decadron again for the neuropathy.

Alicia
10-01-2004, 10:20 AM
Lisa,
I hope you continue to feel better and better! Much love... Alicia