PDA

View Full Version : I\'m embarrassed...I chickened out on the Brain MRI

Esther
10-05-2004, 05:06 PM
I was scheduled to take a Brain MRI 2 days before we left on our cruise. I didn't have any symptoms, was just trying to be pro-active.

I chickened out...didn't have the MRI done. I didn't want to worry about it while I was on vacation.

Now I find that I'm apprehensive about getting one done...I've slipped into a denial like "ignorance is bliss" mode. I've been in chemo for the last 7 months for live & bone mets...and IF I have brain mets would be another heavy load to deal with.

I know, I know...I should get this done. Can I just be a chicken for a week or so???!!!

lauren
10-06-2004, 10:05 AM
good for you...you chickened out but you are still planning on doing it. you will do it...should should do it because you have other mets....just do it, knowing that the REASON you are doing it is to give yourself early detection so that you could use gamma knife instead of WBR IF you had brain mets, which you probably DON'T.

Cathy W
10-06-2004, 10:39 AM
Sounds like a good call to me. Have a great vacation and get it done when you get back.

eleanor
10-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Don't be embarrassed - a vacation is necessary in order to gain the strength needed to continue fighting. Take some time off, but use it to gain some resolve so that you can go on.
el