PDA

View Full Version : OncoType DX

Kristen
10-06-2004, 08:26 PM
I was out surfing this am for Shannon and came across Oncotype DX @ www.genomichealth.com. This test claims to give patients with Stage I & II node - and es+, what there chances of a reoccurance are? It also claims it can help your onc in deciding the best treatment for you. It also looks to see if Tamoxifan would be beneficial. Has anyone ever had this test done? What did you think of it?
It was not however used for stage IV and didn't even mention stage III.
For more info, there was also a telephone number, 866-662-6897. They need some tissue sample of the tumor to do the test and takes appx. 10-14 days for results. Just curious. thanks, take care k

Christine
10-07-2004, 12:01 PM
Kristen
Suspicious money maker,sounds like it to me. Predictions of this kind cannot be accurate,as I see it. There are just too many variables to look at. You can get a 2nd opinion on your biopsy report in less time at a local Cancer Center with tour tissue slide in hand to back up your biopsy report, and without the risk of loosing your slide.
Don't think it is something that can be figured out by any known system. My educated guess can't even be relied upon knowing what I know today about recurrent BC. It is not a math equation or
a risk factor based on long term survival, simply because there is no long term history for Herceptin. Statistics can be flawed when not enough sample groups are unavailable over time, Anyway we are our best statistic; we're here and we are making striades.
Hugs everyone!