PDA

View Full Version : Another Star announces her cancer

Steph N
10-08-2004, 05:43 AM
They did not go into specifics about her treatment, etc. - but I think if a big star WAS diagnosed with the Her2 positive kind, it would help to have more awareness about "our" kind raised if the person became an activist. As it is we have to stumble on this site or - in the best of circumstances - be told about it from one of our treatment team or a friend. Don't think Larry King or Ellen would give any of us the air time to do it.

LOS ANGELES (Oct. 8) - Singer Melissa Etheridge has been diagnosed with breast cancer and has canceled upcoming tour dates to undergo treatment, her publicist said Thursday.

Etheridge, 43, will undergo surgery and a "speedy and complete recovery" is expected by her doctor, publicist Marcel Pariseau said in a statement.

The cancer was detected early and Etheridge has been receiving treatment, Pariseau said.

lauren
10-08-2004, 08:48 AM
Thanks for letting us know. Edie Falco also was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. She kept it quiet though. I'm following her case because whatever happens to her is probably going to happen to me.