PDA

View Full Version : effects of WBR

kathy in NY
10-08-2004, 05:59 AM
For all you ladies who have had WBR, how are you?
I completed mine in June and had gamma knife in July. I'm starting to get more energy, but feel exhausted all the time. My hair isn't growing back well either. Just needed to know what your experiences have been. Thanks, Kathy

Kathie in New Jersey
10-08-2004, 07:56 AM
I had WBR immediately following a craniotomy and I never was so tired in my life. I would get out of bed on one side and climb back in on the other. My hair never came in as thick as it was before. It takes time to get back to your old self , just be patient

Lisa
10-08-2004, 08:16 AM
I was fine until the 4th week of my WBR. Then the fatigue set in. I was depressed, too. All gloom and doom. Wanted NOTHING to do with cancer talk, etc. My onc said the fatigue can last 4-8 weeks. It's been a month for me and I'm definitelyl seeing a difference, although I still sleep in very late. You should be getting there. If you're not at least feeling more energetic this week than last, maybe check with your doc about what he/she can do to help.

Love and light,

Lisa

Annemarie
10-08-2004, 11:47 AM
I had craniotomy and WBR two years ago. I am back to myself. Emotionally it takes its toll. I was 34 at the time so that helped. My energy was always pretty good. My long term effects are pretty mild. My ear gets clogged sometimes but I am told it will continue to improve. My hair all came back but is not as thick and the texture is baby soft. My hair was very thick and normal. But as Christine said to me- you have your life!