PDA

View Full Version : Brain Mets?

Lyn
10-07-2004, 09:43 PM
Hi ladies, did any of your brain mets start out with numbness around the ear area? I am hoping it is only from the lump in my neck pressing on nerves,and has been numb for over 12 months, no headaches or dizziness, but concerned because there seems to be a pattern with this devil, breast, neck lymphs, brain/bone, or breast,bone organs we just have to stop it in its tracks.

Love & Hugs Lyn

patty D
10-08-2004, 03:29 AM
I have had the er numbness a few times since I was dx with brain mets in Aug 2003- Kinda felt like I haed a band over my ears- more annoying than anything. I dont know exactly what causes it and why it comes and goes- I would just check with your onc.

Christine
10-09-2004, 04:47 AM
Lyn, i DON'T recall if you had WBR. Radiation can give you many symptoms for a year or 2, numbness is common , and so does edema after radiation. Definitely ask your Onc to check for edema. I had it and was put on Decadron for a few weeks,which worked for me Decadron can be useful for this condition for a short course. Ask your Oncto check it out next MRI. Numbness can also be a tumor response and can be determined from your next scans. We hope for a passing side effect. Hugs & Well Wishes