PDA

View Full Version : Linda

Bevie
01-14-2004, 09:12 AM
Hi Linda, I had heavy @#%&@#l discharge, unbelievable pain in my chins, depression (while taking Paxil) eye trouble weight gain.
I also had severe hot flashes which why the Dr gave me the Paxil.
The side effects alone were enough to stop the tamoxifen, I too was concerned about taking the Tamoxifen and being HER2+.
I am post menopause so the Onc wanted me to try the Arimidex I am strongly ER + 90%. The Arimidx is GREAT still have hot flashes and insomnia, but none of the other side effects that I had with the Tamoxifen. Also I quite taking the paxil over a year ago. Are you post menopause if so maybe you could talk to Onc about switching to Arimidex.
My Best To You
Bevie

Lolly
08-30-2004, 01:00 AM
I have 8 more weeks of Navelbine, then have to wait a month as the protocol for the study requires 30 days since last chemo. So looking at late November if all goes well!

Lolly
08-30-2004, 01:07 AM
Thank you Linda, I'm blessed to have good news, and am keeping positive thoughts and prayers going your way for you and your mom.

JoJo
09-16-2004, 03:56 PM
Hi Linda,

I never had neuroalgia (spell?). When I was on Taxol, I had myalgia, which meant flashing pains in muscles & joints. My onc prescribed me 600 mg Ibuprofen per day. So, you're taking 1,200 mg of Ibuprofen per day, right? Interesting how we're given different mg's of Ibuprofen for our --algia cases.

At least, you are doing something... You will know what to do next, if Ibuprofen doesn't help -- get a MRI!

Take good care, Linda.

Joe
10-08-2004, 12:09 PM
Please tell your onc to stop at our table. We have special gifts and I would like to thank him for the wonderful support that we get from the Australian survivors.

Warmest Regards
Joe

lindaw
10-09-2004, 08:45 AM
Dear Joe

'Thanks so much . I will. I wish I could go too. Maybe I will win lotto!

love
linda