PDA

View Full Version : lightheaded

Cathy W
10-10-2004, 08:24 AM
I have been light headed for a few weeks now. I have had bouts that have increased in frequency. It started a few weeks ago. I thought it might be related to BP (mine in usually very low) or low blood sugar. Neither seems to be the case. I'm just doing weekly Herceptin right now with zomeda once a month. I've been off chemo for 9 weeks now and my tumor markers have risen slighly since then (CEA was 5.9 when I stopped taxotere, now at 11).

Any of you ladies experienced this?

lauren
10-10-2004, 09:17 AM
i was lightheaded for a few weeks when i went off of zoloft. then it subsided.

Janice
10-10-2004, 09:54 AM
I have had light headedness even pre cancer - sometimes to the point of almost passing out. My docs put it down to low blood pressure. I would still check with your doctor.
During chemo I passed out regularly.

Steph N
10-10-2004, 01:34 PM
This symptom was a problem for me due especially low red and white counts. I also had "loss of consciousness" even just sitting at my computer after dinner or at the breakfast table. My hubby knew to come quickly when I called as I knew I was about to pass out and he would catch me. This happened both on adjuvent and treatment for my mets. Poor guy - I passed out big time on his birthday and he had to call the aid car and we spent the day at emergency and doing lots of tests (including a brain scan) before they let me go. Just very low white count causing the problem.