PDA

View Full Version : Our Apologies To All

Joe and Christine
10-07-2004, 10:21 AM
For the first time in days we were able to sit down and really read the message boards.
We have missed a lot but honestly have been working hard. The HER2 Support Group will be taking on a complete new look and our improvements will benefit everyone!!

Our best wishes go to all who have posted good news JoJo, Celina, and Lisa are just a few that we should congratulate.

Our prayers are with Hope, Ragine, and Alica all of whom are experiencing setbacks.

I sincerely thank all of the "regulars" for lack of a better word, from the US, Canada, UK and Australia who are on our message boards every day
and answer posts of concerns, information and are there to help others. YOU are the HER2 Support Group.

Here is what we have been up to:
1. Our message boards will be replaced, the present vendor will cease offering this product in November and we have actively been searching for a replacement. Roche Pharaceutical has provided a generous grant for this purpose.

2. Our website will be taking on a clean new look shortly. It will be entirely rebuilt from the ground up, will be easier to navigate and more user friendly. Genentech has promised funds to complete this task.

3. The HER2 Support Group will again be attending
the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium in December, not only as patient advocates but also as exhibitors. The Komen Foundation, Alamo Breast Cancer Foundation and the Symposium are providing support.

SABCS has generated a lot of extra work. We have 6 volunteers who have offered to disrupt their everyday life and will accompany us to San Antonio. (of course holiday shopping on the Riverwalk was an incentive).

We will be handing out literature, HER2 Mousepads and most of all introducing our group to the thousands of Clinical Oncologists who attend this function. Hopefully, we will be seeing a lot of new faces on our site in December as the oncs return home and inform their patients about our efforts.

Hugs, well wishes and warmest regards to all,
Joe and Christine

al from Canada
10-07-2004, 11:38 AM
Dear Joe and Christine,
No apologies required. I don't think that there are many here that could embark on a mission, help so many people and accomplish what the two of you have with your site.
Thank you for your efforts and on-going commitement.
Al and Linda

Lolly
10-07-2004, 02:00 PM
We know how hard you work to keep this site running smoothly on a daily basis, and now exciting new changes to look forward to...you two are our champions!

Love, Lolly

Shannon
10-07-2004, 03:39 PM
Thank you for what you have done to date. I am a newbie on this site and to my cancer. I found the site by accident as I was looking for anyone that had her2neu+ cancer, as I was lacking encouragement in my area.

This site has truely been encouraging and inspirational, thank you thank you!

Lyn in Aussie
10-07-2004, 09:02 PM
Hi there, I wondered where you both were, but knew you wouldn't be far away. Spoke to my onc today and gave him more info from this site, he laughed and told me how thick my pile of info was and the latest has confused him because they do not know all. I have met the Herceptin rep and she told me that they are not supposed to interact with the patients but my onc Boris assured her that I wouldn't mind, still can't get many in our area compatible with the drug, but I have been giving him results from the ladies here with there combos and he doesn't mind one bit, in fact he has been giving the taxol and carboplatin to a heap of patients so hopefully we are saving more than just our sisters and brothers here. When will you be in San Antonio, is it a safe city?

Love & Hugs Lyn

Rozebud
10-07-2004, 11:42 PM
Thank you for everything you do. I check this site almost daily.

Judy
10-08-2004, 05:53 AM
How can any of us say thank you often enough! This site is a God send to me and to many others. It is the first site I check each day just to see what is new in everyone's life. I lurk often but this opportunity to say thank you for all of your hard work just couldn't be passed. The information I have gained at this site has made a real difference in my treatment. Even the cardiologist wanted to know where I got so much info about herceptin. As I left...he said "See you in April for my herceptin update!" You gotta love it:-) Looking forward to the new look. Change is always hard but...I'm sure it will be terrific! Congratulations on finding ways to keep this site operating. Thank you!

Linda
10-08-2004, 08:59 AM
Dear Joe and Christine
I would also like to say thanks for providing this site for us. It has been invaluable to me and has helped in my traetment as I pass on things to my Oncologist who listens and is impressed.( we are in australia) He was surprised when I said the her2 people would be at the san antonio thing. He is going this year and was impressed at the level of involvement of the her2 people.

Thanks again and look forward to the new site.
Wish I could help.

love
lindaw

Hope
10-09-2004, 07:29 AM
Thank you for this website. It has helped me get through very difficult times. Both of you have a wealth of knowledge as do many people on this website. I have learned so much. God bless you always.

Alicia
10-10-2004, 08:04 AM
Thanks Christine and Joe,
You know how much we all love and respect you. No apologies necessary. Joe I am around if you want to call about group mail...maybe we can get this to work! Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers! Alicia

lolam
10-11-2004, 01:24 AM
Thank you so much for all you do for all of us. We appreciate it more than we can say. We are a very unique Breast Cancer bunch and info on other breast cancer treatments are just not helpful to us. This site is our constant help and encouragement. May God richly bless you for your untiring efforts on our behalf! Hugs, Lola