PDA

View Full Version : Herceptin and menstrual cycles

Lori
10-11-2004, 04:38 AM
Hi --

Wondering if any of you have missed your cycles due to Herceptin. I am on just Herceptin right now and I missed a period last month. Beginning to get a little nervous about the situation. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance - Lori H

Rozebud
10-11-2004, 06:37 AM
I have been having periods about every 2 months. Just on herceptin now, since July. However I also had chemo from March-July and and now on tamoxifin. Have no idea if the whacked periods are herceptin, tamo, chemo, post partum, early menopause (the list goes on)....but I think it is possible it could be the herceptin.

JoJo
10-11-2004, 06:46 AM
I am no doctor, but I would bet that Herceptin does NOT influence menstruation. But then again, anything is possible!

Lisa S.
10-11-2004, 09:46 AM
I have been on Herceptin for 4 yrs and it never changed my cycles. Only when I was on Zoladex did I lose my periods.
If you had chemos and Tamoxifenm they can affect your periods. Plus after all the things you have had in your system, you could just be irregular.

Lisa

Annemarie
10-11-2004, 01:27 PM
i know herceptin is pregnancy cat. b which means it is safe to take if pregnant. not that this would be your case.