PDA

View Full Version : Taxol and Toes

Shannon
10-10-2004, 03:17 PM
Hello Ladies,

I am looking for some relief. Anyone experience the numbness and aching in the feet with Taxol. I have lost the two pinky toe nails, and the feet are a great shade of red. At times I think my last three toes swell. Is there anything I should do? I do foot soaks about every other day, and try to rub them, at times I just feel as if I have lost all circulation and then think, will I loose my toes? I have even gotten both bruises and blisters on the bottom of my feet.

Linda in Calif
10-10-2004, 03:44 PM
Hi Shannon: My feet ached SO much when I was on Taxol I could barely walk. All of my toes were numb but I only had a problem with my one big toe nail...it looked like it had fungus. The good news (at least for me) was that once I finished my Taxol everything eventually returned to normal...it was a very gradual recovery and took about 6 months. The only thing I was able to do for the pain was to take Ibuprofin and try to stay off my feet as much as possible. I hope you feel better soon. Take Care, Linda

Lyn
10-10-2004, 05:48 PM
Thanks Linda that is encouraging, how many doses of Taxol did you have, I have just had my 19th weekly and even my hands feel like they are dusty from the inside out if that makes sense, I keep rubbing hand cream into them to stimulate the blood supply and I hate picking up anything my finger tips are so sensitive, sometimes I can switch off and forget about my feet but not for long, I have to horrible big toe nails which I have to paint so they don't look like fungus...

Love & Hugs Lyn

Annemarie
10-10-2004, 09:56 PM
i did taxol almost 5 years ago so i do not remember everything. I do recall having a brown toe which fell out and then grew back. i do not recall anyother pain or discomfort.

Rozebud
10-10-2004, 11:51 PM
For the numbness...have you tried glutamine powder? Mix a scoop into water or juice 3x a day the day before, during and after taxol. I had a bit of numbness in the toes, but think this kept it to a minimum.

shannon
10-11-2004, 04:04 AM
Thanks Linda... are you in northern or southern ca? I am in the bay area. This foot thing is not pleasant...and then staying off the feet does not help when I try to walk to loose the weight. Yet, another issue in this different journey!

celina
10-11-2004, 08:29 AM
Shannon, have you tried B6?

Shannon
10-11-2004, 02:28 PM
THanks... I have just begun the glutamine powder... it really hasnt taken effect yet. Now about the b6... that is for energy, should it be b12? That is for the heart and circulation.

celina
10-12-2004, 07:26 AM
oops, yes B12.

Linda in Calif.
10-14-2004, 03:11 PM
Hey Lynn: I was lucky and only had to have 4 treatments of Taxol. Are you done with yours, now? I hope you are feeling better soon. Take Care, Linda